Cassie has given me a hard time when I try to explain how to make things in the kitchen. So, here is my recipe for cornbread.
- Some cornmeal, preferably Three-Rivers (food city brand seems to have replaced it)
- A little bit of sugar – optional
- Stir the dry ingredient
- An egg or two – optional – it makes it cake-y
- Add milk till it is the consistency of that it should be.
- Grease cast-iron skillet with shortening and/or oil.
- Cook it in skillet on about 450F for till done. Best when medium brown and crispy.